Monday, July 30, 2012

Held

     If you have read previous posts of mine then you are aware that I have several chronic autoimmune illnesses. The most frustrating one is Fibromyalgia. It's frustrating because it is the most debilitating one. Sunday mornings are quite a chore for me because it takes every ounce of energy I have to get myself to church and be presentable at times.
     It was one of "those" Sundays, it was all I could do to get there on time and "hold myself together." When I feel that bad, it even affects my thinking. The only way I know to describe it is like when you have been in a  deep sleep and you are jolted awake and your mind and your body haven't quite caught on to the fact that they are needed to function as if they are wide awake. That is how I felt that day.
     So, there I was and our pastor started his sermon. It was all I could do to concentrate on what he was conveying to us. Then he started sharing exactly what I believe the Lord knew I needed to hear to continue my journey. He started relaying a message by Louie Giglio and I was driven to tears during a sermon for the first time in a long time. I knew the Lord was giving me strength and comfort through our pastor at the point I needed it most.
     Only Louie Giglio could accurately relay what my pastor and he shared, so I will defer to Louie's video:

 

     In the words of Louie Giglio...wow, wow, wow, wow, wow! It hit me, I wasn't "holding myself together," God was. The God of the universe was. I think my tears were as much for relief as it was for the comfort and assurance that it brought. I realized I had once again taken my eyes off of the One who made me, the One who formed me in my mother's womb and not only that the One who literally "holds me together." What an awesome God we serve. I was carrying a burden He did not intend for me to carry. In essence, in my pastor's words, "He's got this." God has my body under control even though it seems out of control.
     You may be thinking wow! for you, but what about me? I believe there is no difference between us, because I believe God sees no difference between us. God's word says in Colossians 1:15-20 NIV;  He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. For by Him all things were created:  things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him all things hold together. And He is the head of the body, the church; He is the beginning and the firstborn from among the dead, so that in everything He might have the supremacy. For God was pleased to have all His fullness dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile to Himself all things in heaven, by making peace through His blood, shed on the cross. 
     What a promise and what a great God. My prayer and my song for us today is found in Ephesians 3:20 NIV;  Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.   

And again I say Wow! and AMEN.

Songbird


2 comments:

  1. I found your blog after finding you on Facebook today. I love your writing! And your page is si sweet and pleasant to the eyes!

    I really appreciate your openness and honesty. I sat here and read all your writings. You have blessed me! And now I know you as Songbird!

    Decades ago, I spotted Maya Angelo's book, "I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings." I love that description of how to go through difficult times.
    Praise be to the Lord,
    for He has heard my cry for mercy.
    The Lord is my strength and my shield;
    my heart trusts in Him, and He helps me.
    My heart leaps for joy,
    and with my song I praise Him. Psalm 28:6-8

    I truly admire your strength and your continuing reliance on God. I will be praying for you daily.

    I have felt like we were kindred spirits since we recently met at church. I look forward to our friendship growing. I am so thrilled that
    God has brought me to our wonderful church.

    Please keep writing and sharing your sweet and beautiful heart and soul. May God bless you, bless you, bless you. sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandi, what a blessing! Thank you for sharing your heart as well! I am so glad the Lord led you to our church and am grateful for your friendship! In Him. ♥ Songbird

    ReplyDelete