Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Rest For Our Souls

     Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. Matthew 11:28 29 NKJV 

Greetings, Songbirds!

     I have missed you since we last met several months ago! The Lord has been reminding me lately just how important it is for us to take time and rest.

     The Lord Himself rested on the seventh day (of course, He did create the whole world and everything in it)! ;) Genesis 2:2-3 NKJV Yet, we tend to have gotten away from the fact that rest is not only needed, but that rest is a good thing, a healing thing that we all need to take time for. This topic reminds me of a poem I keep tucked away in my bible:  

     Said the Robin to the Sparrow,
"I should really like to know
why these anxious human beings
rush around and worry so."
Said the Sparrow to the Robin,
"I think surely it must be
that they have no Heavenly Father
such as cares for you and me."
~Elizabeth Cheney

     Ouch! The fact that I keep this poem tucked away in my bible tells me that I have "issues" ;) in regard to allowing myself to rest. It is also a reminder that when I become anxious or worrisome, I am not fully looking to my Heavenly Father for my needs. 

     My prayer and my song for you and for me is that we live our lives to reflect the fact that as believers, we have a Heavenly Father such as cares for you and me.When we do that, He gets glory and we get the rest He designed for us to partake in...in Him. Amen.

Blessings,

Songbird


  




No comments:

Post a Comment