Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Even though...

Dear Songbirds,

     Here we are again...mourning a national tragedy. Many are still reeling from the Sandy Hook Elementary Shooting that took place just 4 months ago. Now we have the Boston Marathon Bombings. As God leads, I will write more on the latest tragedy we, as a nation face. I feel that I still need time to process it all.
     In the meantime, I would like to share Psalm 20 NKJV as a prayer to all who are hurting right now:

May the Lord answer you in the day of trouble;
May the name of the God of Jacob defend you;
2 May He send you help from the sanctuary,
And strengthen you out of Zion;
3 May He remember all your offerings,
And accept your burnt sacrifice. Selah
4 May He grant you according to your heart’s desire,
And fulfill all your purpose.
5 We will rejoice in your salvation,
And in the name of our God we will set up our banners!
May the Lord fulfill all your petitions.
6 Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed;
He will answer him from His holy heaven
With the saving strength of His right hand.
7 Some trust in chariots, and some in horses;
But we will remember the name of the Lord our God.
8 They have bowed down and fallen;
But we have risen and stand upright.
9 Save, Lord!
May the King answer us when we call.

     It is my belief that He does answer us when we call, as His Word tells us in Psalm 17:6-9 NKJV. My song and my prayer for today is titled Psalm 23 sung so beautifully by Kathy Troccoli.
 
        ...You are there. Amen.


Blessings,

Songbird



No comments:

Post a Comment