Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Back to Plan A∞

     Ever been reminded of a past sin? Thoughts rush back to that time and you think, if only...but we all know that nothing can change what has already taken place. Sometimes the consequences of our past behavior will exist for a lifetime. This truth can create an identity crisis if we are not careful.
     It's painful, I know. It's not an easy thing to talk about it, I know. It's scary, I know. It seems like no one else could possibly understand, I know. It seems like there is no solution, I know.
     So, why am I discussing it in my post today? Because there is something else I  know and that is that even though it may be painful, even though it's hard to talk about, even though it's scary, even though people may not understand, there IS a solution. The solution is a person and His name is Jesus Christ.
     I've heard many people say..."If you focus on forgiving yourself, then your healing will begin to take place." I have come to believe that instead of forgiving ourselves, we need to accept the forgiveness we have already been given through Christ. Do you see the tragedy in that? We punish ourselves over sin we have already repented of and for what? Christ has already paid the penalty for it! Not only that, He has given us a new identity! Romans 3:21-26 NKJ
     Grace is what it's all about! It is so hard. At least it has been for me. Think about it. When we are living in regret and shame and guilt over our sin, we are still operating under the law. We are basing our identity on who we are and what we've done instead of who He is and what He's done. That's legalism not grace.
     What if you have never accepted Christ? It's not too late. His grace is available to all who will believe, just as Romans 3:21-26 NKJ states. Your last day of bondage could be today! If you have thought up until now that there was no hope for you...here is one that will tell you there is hope and it comes in the form of a Savior, Jesus Christ. I pray that if you have never made the decision to follow Christ that today is the day!
     Salvation through Jesus Christ is God's Plan A for our lives. He loves us that much. You may think, well I'm probably working on Plan D, E, or F by now! I will say this to you and to myself: God's Plan A is available to us anytime we return to the cross. The cross does not require a back-up plan! Grace is found there. Forgiveness is given there. Mercy is found there. New beginnings and a new identity is found there.
      One last thought:  Grace could be considered risky business. By that I mean that a person could look at grace verses the law and think that may give them a license to sin Romans 6:15-19 NKJ. Our heavenly Father has poured out His grace on us all, BUT He paid a great sacrifice to do so. I pray that we never forget the price that was paid on our behalf and abuse the gift that was freely given to us.
     God knew before time began the rebellious nature of man. He knew that there would be those who would reject Him, despise Him, crucify His Son and mock His name. He was willing to do it anyway. He loves us that much.
     I think if God was willing to extend His grace to us even knowing what He knew then we can be willing to accept His grace and extend it to others. I would rather err on the side of grace if it means not missing out on an opportunity to love in the way I have been loved. Wouldn't you?
     Because of Christ we are a new creation as stated in  2 Corinthians 5:17 NKJ  "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new." This is my prayer and my song for us all illustrated in the song titled "You Are More" by Tenth Avenue North...




     He has wiped our slates clean, Songbirds!...Back to Plan A! Psalm 51 NKJ

Songbird











No comments:

Post a Comment